Friday, May 2, 2008

Surprise!

Along with any new life-changing event usually comes A.) money, B.) gifts, and/or C.) a settlement. Fortunately for me, I've been receiving congratulatory gifts from a few of my most thoughtful friends!

First, packing and receiving from the University called to inform me that I had received a "questionable package" and needed to pick it up immediately.  Holding back the urge to say, "Ahh, must be that shipment of anthrax I ordered," I was delighted to later find out my excellent amiga, Morgan, thoughtfully had a bonsai shipped to me (turtle placed for scale)!


Next, a wonderful card and happy, handmade oragami from Natalie out in California arrived in the mail (ahem, yes, that IS a bunny, pig, and squirrel, thank you very much)!

Thank you, gals...or, I guess now is the time to say "domo arigato!"

No comments: