Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Just Another 誕生日 (Birthday) In Japan

This past Saturday I turned 29...the beginning of the last year of such a fun decade for me:



In true birthday bash style, I teamed up with my buddies, Rob and Ikuya, for a joint party in downtown Sapporo as our b-days are just days apart!  Hanging out with the people closest to you (both emotionally and geographically, I suppose) is one of the best ways I know of to spend a birthday, no matter where you are in this 'ol world:



My sweet present from Jacob:  a Fuji Instax Camera (like an old-school Polaroid with smaller card-like prints):







Our Japanese teacher, Akiko, made us one of the most delicious cakes I've had since coming to Japan...seriously, just look at it!



And so I would like to thank everyone who sent cards, packages, presents, and wishes my way.  I'm truly looking forward to this year and hope that it'll be as much fun as the rest of my 20s were!

No comments: